Profitt Law PC distinguishes itself in the HOA and condominium industry by remaining focused on general counsel services. We aim to remain at all times highly responsive, client-focused, and results oriented.
In providing general counsel to condominium and homeowner associations, we assist such non-profit association boards of directors in the day-to-day governance matters that arise while managing the assets and infrastructure of condominiums and planned unit developments (PUDs). Often association assets consist of multi-million dollar properties and related amenities. For this reason, and because promoting community should be among the central association goals, sound counsel is of the utmost importance. Associations need someone they can trust to advise them how best to navigate and interpret the myriad of requirements under the association’s governing documents and pertinent state and federal laws. In addition, conflict resolution is a key aspect of association living. At Profitt Law, we have years of experience directing and guiding association boards as they implement and apply these requirements. In doing so, we also seek to help associations resolve their matters in a way that fosters community and builds lasting relationships.
Some of the specific areas of advice and legal assistance include:
- – Interpreting and amending association declarations and bylaws
- – Enacting community rules and regulations, including collection and enforcement policies
- – Rules and Architectural Review Committee (ARC) design guideline enforcement
- – Adoption and enforcement of rental restrictions
- – FHA and VA project certification
- – Dispute resolution
- – Easements, and modification permits
- – Maintenance and repair obligations
- – Compliance with fair housing and other state and federal laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- – Maintenance and access to association records
- – Special assessment